12 October 2011

Gotcha!

After several months of staking out in our backyard and sour-graping,  I was finally able to snap a species considered rare in Colorado - the elusive Blue Jay.  

I caught a glimpse of its pretty plumage from the kitchen window while prepping my potato-leek soup.  As luck would have it, my camera was lying on the dining table with the right lens.  I quickly grabbed it knowing that my feathered friend would be gone in a few seconds.  True enough, it vanished in the wink of an eye ... but not until after I took several shots ... woohoo!!!






Fence Patrol Officer Brontësaurus was thankfully slacking in her job :-)

3 comments:

  1. nice shot jen! your photos are getting better and better. it's nice to see you having a great time in your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, rhodz! wildlife photography takes a lot of PATIENCE :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jenni,

    i love your birds.... but i like your dog better hehehe....

    ...early..

    ReplyDelete