29 December 2014

Manatees

We recently drove down to Florida City to explore the massive 1.5 million acre-Everglades National Park or at least a part of it :).  We left the motorhome in Port Richey and stayed in a hotel for a week.  

Of all the places we've been blessed to visit this year, Florida is definitely my favorite when it comes to wildlife diversity.  Our trip to the Everglades sealed that.  

Our first adventure was the Flamingo Visitor Center at the southern edge of the park where boat tours depart.  We decided to embark on the Bay Tour first (I'll post photos in my next entry).  While waiting for our boat to leave, I had my very first encounter with manatees.  And I broke into a dance of joy!


Boat propeller wounds.  A leading cause of the manatees' demise is, unfortunately, watercraft-related.









No comments:

Post a Comment